Announcement of the tender
for the election of the president of the Doctoral Student Association of the University of Pécs
The Delegates Assembly of the Doctoral Student Association of the University of Pécs (hereinafter: PTE DOK), at its meeting on August 7, 2019, pursuant to Article 21 (3) of the Statutes of the PTE DOK by resolution nr. 183/2019 (VIII. 7.) announces the election of the new president of the Organization, subject to the following conditions.
Eligibility to apply
Pursuant to Article 21 (4) of the Statutes of the PTE DOK, any doctoral student or doctoral candidate who has an active doctoral student or doctoral candidate status at the University with a valid application within the application deadline may be elected President.
Formal requirements of the application
Pursuant to Article 21 (5) - (6) of the Statutes of the PTE DOK, the application for the president must contain:
- the application sheet;
- the application sheet; certificate of the active doctoral student or candidate status;
- motivational letter;
- election program
If the application does not include the documents specified above, it will lead to the rejection of the application without any further submissions. Incoming applications are checked by the Supervisory Board.
Deadline for application (Receipt)
30 August 2019. (Friday)
The application can only be sent via registered priority post, with advice of delivery, to the following address:
Pécsi Tudományegyetem Doktorandusz Önkormányzat
(7622 Pécs, Vasvári Pál u. 4.)
The envelope must have „Pályázat – PTE DOK elnök személyére” written on the front side.
Other rules of the presidential elections
According to Article 21 of the Statues of the PTE DOK:
- the President is elected by the Assembly on the basis of a public tender for 2 years;
- the President shall be elected with the concurring votes of more than half of the Members of the Assembly;
- the President may be re-elected once;
- if none of the candidates obtains the required votes, a second round must be held within 8 days;
- in the second round, only the two candidates with the highest number of votes in the first round can participate;
- In the second round, the Assembly elects the candidate who receives more votes;
- the Assembly also elects the Senate Member of the UP DSA by electing the President;
- the Supervisory Board is responsible for the legality of the conduct of the presidential election.
The presidential election Delegates Assembly meeting will be held on 4 September 2019 at 5 PM.
If you have any questions, please contact our organization's Office Assistant, Nezdei Mirabella at (firstname.lastname@example.org
7 August 2019. Pécs
Doctoral Student Association
University of Pécs